Friday, September 17, 2010

"You're a clever man, Cleverman."

"23 year old and perpetual slacker CLEVERMAN has had enough, gets it together and finally decides to attend college. With fall two months away and tuition due in a a two weeks, the money that was to become his tuition payments is lost over night in a stock market fiasco. Now faced with the stark reality the he might not ever be able to attend college, resulting being stuck in his suburban surroundings, CLEVERMAN falls into a state of melancholy. What will happen to CLEVERMAN?"

(I look nothing like what Cleverman would look like, but lets go with it)

Thoughts on Cleverman Posters: 
My main goal in creating these posters was to create a believe piece. In doing this I thought it would be a challenge to bring the same theme and tone over three design. Cleverman is not a movie aimed at the popcorn munching transformer-iron man crowd. I aimed the poster towards the more indie-movie crowd, and my aesthetic choices reflect so. I decide to do my best to create a silk-screen printed feel. I achieved this effect by using halftone, threshold and keeping elements restricted to black and white.  





No comments:

Post a Comment